Skip to main content
Online Registration Instructions Here/INSTRUCCIONES DE REGISTRO EN LÍNEA AQUÍ

Registration is now online!

Enrollment and Registration

Enrollment Process

  1. If your child is currently enrolled in a Hayward School, please do the following:
    • Make sure your student remains enrolled at your home school, Hayward High, Mt Eden, or Tennyson and continues to attend classes every day.
    • Request an appointment with the Principal, Counselor or Vice-Principal at your home school and request a voluntary transfer to the alternative education program. The home school knows what to do from there.
    • A transfer packet will be put together by the home school which will include all necessary documentation and a place for you and your child’s signature.
    • The packet will then be forwarded to the Administrator of Student Placement for approval and then forwarded to the continuation high school for approval.
    • When space becomes available you will be contacted with an appointment time and orientation date 
  2. If you have recently moved to the Hayward Area and your child previously attended a Traditional (non-continuation) High School,
    • Please go to your neighborhood school that is identified by your street address and enroll your child at that home school.
    • If you wish to enroll your child at the continuation high school, please follow the steps above after you have enrolled your child at the home school.
  3. If your family has recently moved to the Hayward Area and your child previously attended a continuation high school in your former district, you may enroll your student immediately if you meet the following conditions:
    • You are the parent or legal guardian of the student
    • You have valid proof of residence (i.e. PG&E, EBMUD, Landline phone bill, rental or lease agreement or mortgage payment paperwork)
    • If the student lives with anyone else BUT the parent/s or the parents can't provide proof of residency, please contact Child Welfare and Attendance for an appointment at 510-784-2600 x 72586 once you contact them they'll give you instructions on what to do next to register your student.  


Withdrawing your student

Upon learning that their child will be transferring to another school or school district, a parent/guardian needs to notify the attendance office.  Once the attendance office confirms the withdrawal, please contact Ms. Cardenas so that she may issue you an official/unofficial trancript.

Transcripts and diplomas


Brenkwitz graduates are the only ones who can pick up their diplomas.  There are no exceptions.

All transcript requests can be sent to Ms. Guillermo at or by fax at (510)781-6111.  Please allow 3-5 business days to process.

To request your diploma or transcript, be sure to print and complete the following form Transcript Verification Waiver.  Once the Verification Form has been completed, you can mail the completed form to:

Brenkwitz High School

Attn:  Office Manager

22100 Princeton Street, Bldg A  Room 9

Hayward, CA  94541


fax the request to (510)781-6111


scan the request to

A money order or cashier's check made payable to Brenkwitz ($15 for diplomas or $5 for transcripts) must be submitted with all waivers.  The process cannot be completed until we receive the Transcript Verification Waiver along with your money order/cashier's check.  


Attention Former husd students

California Senate Bill 172, effective January 2016 eliminates the requirement that all California high school graduates pass the California High School Exit Exam.

To pick up your diploma you will need to call HUSD Records Office at (510)784-2600 x 72626.  To receive your diploma, go to:  

Hayward Unified School District

24411 Amador Street

Hayward, CA  94544

Records Office, Level D

8:00am-5:00pm, Monday - Friday