Skip to main content

Registrar >

Estrella "Mia" Cardnas 

510-723-3160 ext 60144



Brenkwitz Continuation High School
Enrollment Process


  1. If your child is currently enrolled in a Hayward School, please do the following:
    • Make sure your student remains enrolled at your home school, Hayward High, Mt Eden, or Tennyson and continues to attend classes every day.
    • Request an appointment with the Principal, Counselor or Vice-Principal at your home school and request a voluntary transfer to the alternative education program. The home school knows what to do from there.
    • A transfer packet will be put together by the home school which will include all necessary documentation and a place for you and your child’s signature.
    • The packet will then be forwarded to the Administrator of Student Placement for approval and then forwarded to the continuation high school for approval.
    • When space becomes available you will be contacted with an appointment time and orientation date 
  2. If you have recently moved to the Hayward Area and your child previously attended a Traditional (non-continuation) High School,
    • Please go to your neighborhood school that is identified by your street address and enroll your child at that home school.
    • If you wish to enroll your child at the continuation high school, please follow the steps above after you have enrolled your child at the home school.
  3. If your family has recently moved to the Hayward Area and your child previously attended a continuation high school in your former district, you may enroll your student immediately if you meet the following conditions:
    • You are the parent or legal guardian of the student
    • You have valid proof of residence (i.e. PG&E, EBMUD, Landline phone bill, rental or lease agreement or mortgage payment paperwork)
    • If you do not have the necessary documentation you will be directed to contact the Student Intake and Assessment Center (SIAC) 510 293-8554 
    • If the student lives with anyone else BUT the parent/s or the parents can't provide proof of residency, please contact Child Welfare and Attendance for an appointment at 510-784-2600 x 72586 once you contact them they'll give you instructions on what to do next to register your student.  




Parent/s or Guardians need to notify the attendance office upon learning that their child will be withdrawing to another school or school district. Once the attendance office confirms the withdraw you'll got to the registrar office to see Ms. Riccio she will issue you an unofficial/official transcript.