Brenkwitz Continuation High School
- If your child is currently enrolled in a Hayward School, please do the following:
- Make sure your student remains enrolled at your home school, Hayward High, Mt Eden, or Tennyson and continues to attend classes every day.
- Request an appointment with the Principal, Counselor or Vice-Principal at your home school and request a voluntary transfer to the alternative education program. The home school knows what to do from there.
- A transfer packet will be put together by the home school which will include all necessary documentation and a place for you and your child’s signature.
- The packet will then be forwarded to the Administrator of Student Placement for approval and then forwarded to the continuation high school for approval.
- When space becomes available you will be contacted with an appointment time and orientation date.
- If you have recently moved to the Hayward Area and your child previously attended a Traditional (non-continuation) High School,
- Please go to your neighborhood school that is identified by your street address and enroll your child at that home school.
- If you wish to enroll your child at the continuation high school, please follow the steps above after you have enrolled your child at the home school.
- If your family has recently moved to the Hayward Area and your child previously attended a continuation high school in your former district, you may enroll your student immediately if you meet the following conditions:
- You are the parent or legal guardian of the student
- You have valid proof of residence (i.e. PG&E, EBMUD, Landline phone bill, rental or lease agreement or mortgage payment paperwork)
- If you do not have the necessary documentation you will be directed to contact the Student Intake and Assessment Center (SIAC) 510 293-8554